One of the most overlooked features of your business is your business profile on Google Search. This is now called Google My Business.
This is one of the most important marketing tools for your business, especially on mobile and especially if you offer a service or product sought after in your local area.
It doesn’t matter if you work from home, why? Because you can set your business to serve customers at their location, meaning your listing will appear on Google Maps, but not at your actual address and your address will not be displayed.
Step One: Is your business already listed on Google My Business?
The easiest way to find out is if you try a search for your business on Google Search or Google Maps. you will either see something or nothing on the Google Search Results to the right! (see image one for Yakadanda search results)
How do you add your business to Google Maps?
If you do not see anything, you will need to add your listing to Google Maps.
- Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in with your Google account.
- Zoom into the map where you want to add your business.
- In the bottom right, click Send Feedback.
- Click Add a missing place.
- Drag the marker where your business is, and add any relevant information.
- Click Submit.
Once you have completed and submitted the information. Google will send you a postcard for verification.
Once you’ve received your verification postcard from Google!
- Log in to Google My Business. Use the same account you used to request the postcard.
- If you’re managing multiple businesses, choose the one you’d like to verify.
- Click Enter code on the blue banner on the top of the screen and follow the prompts to complete verification.
Completing your Business Profile on Google My Business
See image two on right for Yakadanda Google My Business Listing.
On your business profile you can add:
- Multiple Pre-Defined Types of Business (Doctor, Wellness Center etc)
- Operating Hours (including special hours for holidays)
- Address (Serving Customers at your or their location)
- Website URL
- Phone / Fax
You can also add photos of:
- At Work
- Identity (logos and Cover Image)
You can now manage your Google My Business Listing anytime to update information, get insights and analytics on how your listings are performing.