Google Plus – The Much vaunted and disappointing Social Network built by Google will be shut down in April. Google announced this recently and detailed the reasons why. I initially it was going to be shut down in August 2019, however because of a data breach they have decided to expedite the closing and bring it forward to April.
“Our testing revealed that a Google+ API was not operating as intended. We fixed the bug promptly and began an investigation into the issue. Our investigation into the impact of the bug is ongoing, but here is what we have learned so far: We have confirmed that the bug impacted approximately 52.5 million users in connection with a Google+ API.”
What do you need to do?
- You will need to remove any Google Plus sharing buttons or links on your website.
- You will need to remove any Google Plus Widgets from your website
- Remove and Migrate any Links to Google Plus Communities
What will we be doing for all of our clients?
- We will be removing any Google Plus sharing buttons or links on your website.
- We will be removing any Google Plus Widgets from your website.
If you need any help or have any questions please contact Yakadanda and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.