Google My Business (GMB) gives you the opportunity to engage with your audience with content such as Posts (What’s New), Events, Offers and Products.
Each one of these has unique features for posting information about your businesses, articles, special events, great offers and even promoting products.
Posts Content (What’s New)
With posts (What’s New), you can pretty much recreate a normal blog post (minus the links) or content from a newsletter. You can, however, post a full link inside the article.
- Post Title and Description
- Post Image/Video
- Post Button (Link to Book, Order Online, Buy, Learn More, Signup and Call Buttons with URL)
This is where having a URL Shortener such as Bitly can help.
Pro Tip: If you want to track links inside posts (or anywhere in GMB) you can add Campaign URLs to track performance. Alternatively you can use a URL Shortener!
Any new special offers you may want to promote on GMB can be added here.
Offers give you the opportunity to create an offer for your audience, the features are pretty limited, but you can do the following;
- Offer Image
- Offer Title (Example: 20% off in-store or online)
- Offer Time (Optional)
- Offer Start Date
- Offer End Date
- More Details
- Offer Details
- Coupon Code (Optional)
- Link to Redeem Offer (Optional)
- Terms and Conditions (Optional)
Any new events you may have happening in your business can be promoted on GMB. You are a little limited, however, this is a great way to promote your events.
- Event Title (Example: Sale this week)
- Event Image
- Event Time (Optional)
- Event Start Date
- Event End Date
- Event More Details
- Event Details
- Event Button (Link to Book, Order Online, Buy, Learn More, Signup and Call Buttons with URL)
I would suggest having only a couple of product promotions each month, as an example during the Covid-19 crises you may want to promote a product that can help with the well being of your audience.
- Product Name
- Product Image
- Product Price (or Price Range)
- Product Description
- Event Button (Order Online, Buy, Learn More, Offer Buttons with URL)
As you can see from the above you have a great opportunity to create content to boost your profile locally and also for local SEO.